2012年2月16日木曜日

Toe-up Tutorial

Knifty Knitter の Small Blue Round Loom を使って Toe-up、つま先から靴下を編んでいく方法です。もともとアメリカ人用に作ったので英語です。


Cast on using 12 pegs, E-wrap short row (Wrap & Turn) down to 4, and back to 12 (using 13th peg and 24th peg to turn at the 1st and 12th peg) - making the toe cup -- for "Short Rows" see Isela's tutorial on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB69Va25C1I



After finishing the short rows back up to 12, you should have enough to manually cast the first row to the other side of the loom to fill all 24 pegs

Make sure to have peg 13 and 24 cast - they should have the "turning" yarn AND the cast-on loop - and now, start working in the round!

Keep working until you have enough length to start on the heel

I changed the color of the yarn after the toe section

Toe section is made the same way as the heel section, so the heel you're going to make should be about the same length of the toe section, in my case, it was 6cm

Measure the length, and knit until you have enough length. In my case, I am making this pair for a shoe size 26.5cm person, so I wanted to make it around 26cm (before stretching) -- it was 20cm so far, and I'll have 6cm for the heel, so now I'm ready to start on the heel section

Heel cup half way done, 4 pegs unwrapped - now back to 12 pegs

Finished short row - from 12 to 4 and back to 12 - now the heel cup is ready

Heel from side - now, start knitting in round again for the length you want for ankle and above

I've changed the color again and started ribbing (Knit and Purl stitches repeated) a few more rows and I'm ready to bind off. Toe-up socks need to be bind off with a stretchy bind off method, like a yarn over bind off. I like to use yarn needle. Couldn't find any tutorials on YouTube, so I'll explain how.

When you are ready to bind off, put the working yarn around the loom 3 times and cut the yarn (I always add a few centimeters/1 inch extra, but you don't have to)

Thread on a yarn needle (I'm using 2 strands for this project)

Now, go to the 2nd peg, from bottom of the peg and up (I'm working counter clockwise, so if you're working clockwise, you should be going to the other direction)

Go back to the 1st peg from top down

Then up the 3rd peg, down the 2nd. Up 4th, down 3rd... and so on

Keep going... make sure your stitches and working yarn are staying on the outside of the loom

When you're at the end on peg 23, go up the 1st peg, and then down on peg 24 -- now you're ready to cast off, weave in all the end strands...

And done! Repeat all over one more time to make a pair.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿